Application Dates and Procedure
|Starting Semester||Application Period|
|Spring Semester (starting April)||October 1 – November 10|
|Autumn Semester (starting September)||March 1 – April 10|
Early and perfect submission is encouraged for higher priority in housing placement.
Application Guide for Sophia University Exchange Program
Please see attached File for the application guide for applicants.
The pdf File “(for Students) Application Guide” is also available on Sophia Go Global Portal
Guide to Partner Institutes
This PDF Guide is for Partner Institutes.
*Please double-check if ALL necessary documents are completed and information are accurate before submission.
- Exchange students must be selected by their home institutions and nominated to Sophia. Before applying, please contact the responsible person in charge at the international office of your home institution. Sophia University will not accept direct applications from students without nomination from our partner institutions.
For those who would like to apply to Sophia as a degree / non-degree student (fee-paying), please refer to the Admission’s webpage.
- Application materials should be submitted to Sophia University within the application period.
- Application documents will be checked on a first-come first-served basis. If we find any questions or problems, we will contact the coordinators or students accordingly.
- Please be advised that any incomplete or missing documents will be corrected at a later date and will cause delay in screening procedure and the receiving of acceptance notice.
- Acceptance notice will be sent out to students and their home institution by email once they are accepted. Students from the same university might not receive acceptance results at the same time as Sophia proceed applications to Faculty screening only after the student’s documents are confirmed to be completed.
- Certificate of Eligibility (for non-Japanese citizens) will be sent out by Express Mail to student’s home institutions. Housing Notice with payment instructions (only for those who arranged housing through Sophia) will be sent to students directly through e-mail. Other important pre-arrival information will be available through online application website.
Inquiries about the
contents of this page
- Department Name
- Center for Global Education and Discovery
- Bldg.2, 1F