All housings are off-campus.
For basic summery of the housings, please refer to the PDF below.
Sophia Associated Housings
Housing Arrangement Procedures and Policies
Housing Arrangement Procedures
- Exchange students should submit a completed housing application with other application documents. Housing arrangements will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Sophia University will make arrangements for the housing, and a “Housing Notice” with the details of the housing will be sent to each student along with the Acceptance Package.
- Exchange students are requested to complete the necessary payment by the deadline, which is usually at least one month before the arrival in Japan.
- Exchange students who make the housing arrangement through Sophia should arrive on the designated arrival dates.
Policy for Sophia Housing Arrangement
- Sophia University will arrange the housing based on the student’s preference, availability of the rooms, and information provided from the student.
- It is not possible to cancel or change the housing after the you accept our “Housing Notice”.
- Exchange students are expected to make all necessary payments by the deadline. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the housing arrangement, and charging of a penalty fee.
- Sophia University will make arrangements only before the students’ arrival in Japan. In principle it is not possible to re-arrange the housing after arrival.
- Students are NOT allowed to move from housing arranged by Sophia without previous notice to Sophia University. They are requested to follow the directions from Sophia, but finding alternative accommodation is their own responsibility.
Information for Self Arrangement
Below housing agencies are not belongs to Sophia University. Students who wish to arrange their own accommodations need to be responsible in contacting each agency.
Generally, when you sign an apartment rental contract in Japan, a co-signer is required. When a co-signer is not available, you can use the services of a guarantor company. Please refer to this page for more information regarding Housing Guarantor System
Inquiries about the
contents of this page
- Department Name
- Center for Global Education and Discovery
- Bldg.2, 1F