All housings are off-campus.
For basic summery of the housings, please refer to the PDF below.
Due to the renewal of the Sophia’s Web Page, all the photos of the dormitories are of low quality. We are going to fix them in order.
Sophia Associated Housings
Housing Arrangement Procedures and Policies
Housing Arrangement Procedures
- Exchange Program Applicants should submit a completed housing application with other application documents.
Sophia University will check and review application documents, and then screen them to determine whether applicants are accepted for our exchange program or not.
Housing allocation works on first come, first served basis among those who completed their application documents.
- Sophia University will arrange housing for the exchange students, and send an allocation result.
- Exchange students will receive contract information by the management company and then sign a lease agreement.
- Exchange students may be requested to complete the necessary payment by the deadline.
Policy for Sophia Housing Arrangement
- Sophia University will arrange the housing based on the student’s preference, availability of the rooms, and information provided from the student.
- It is not possible to change the housing after the allocation.
- Exchange students are expected to make all necessary payments by the deadline. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the housing arrangement, and charging of a penalty fee.
- Sophia University will make arrangements only before the students’ arrival in Japan. In principle it is not possible to re-arrange the housing after arrival.
- Students are NOT allowed to move from housing arranged by Sophia without previous notice to Sophia University. They are requested to follow the directions from Sophia, but finding alternative accommodation is their own responsibility.
Information for Self Arrangement
Below housing agencies are not belongs to Sophia University. Students who wish to arrange their own accommodations need to be responsible in contacting each agency.
Generally, when you sign an apartment rental contract in Japan, a co-signer is required. When a co-signer is not available, you can use the services of a guarantor company. Please refer to this page for more information regarding Housing Guarantor System